Sunday, January 17, 2010

Settling in

Ahh...to sit down to nice meal, beautiful bottle of Bordeaux, fresh baguette and extra smelly cheese - this is the life. The last few days have been quite mellow; trying to shake the jetlaggy cobwebs from my head, starting the explore Paris, flirting with the Eiffel Tower but not quite going all the way with her yet, drinking copious amounts of espresso, eating fresh everythings, fretting mildly about starting work tomorrow.

Today I moved across the 15th, my new neighbourhood, and into my new apartment. It is absolutely lovely, and I'm definitely pleased with my decision. Living with a fantastic and fascinating philosophy professor in his enormous, stylish, 3rd floor walk-up, in a beautiful bourgeois ancien building. It's within walking distance to Luxembourg gardens, the Latin Quarter, and many other gorgeous little hubs, and it's also a 10 minute walk to work. I think it's safe to say I have scored...big time. I roamed around a little, finally unpacked, and am ready to face tomorrow...the most important day I can think of..in..well, maybe ever. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment